Saturday, December 15, 2012

{Homemade is Better} - Crispix/Chex Mix

Last weekend, I hosted my annual Cookie Exchange/Ornament Making Party.  It is so fun getting together with friends, catching up with them, and sharing yummy cookies.  Every year, I make one of my favorite snacks for us to enjoy while we catch up - Crispix/Chex Mix.  Everyone loves it and to me it really isn't the holidays until I whip up a batch of this.



Here's how I made it:


{Missing from the class photo - Worcestershire sauce}
6 cups Crispix cereal
3 cups Wheat Chex cereal
1 cup mixed nuts
1 cup Goldfish pretzels
1 cup pita chips
6 tablespoons margarine
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder

Mix cereals, nuts, pretzels and pita chips in large microwavable bowl.  Set aside.  In small bowl, microwave butter until melted.  Stir in seasonings.  Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.

Microwave uncovered on High 6 minutes, thoroughly stirring every 2 minutes.  Spread on paper towels to cool.

I like to store mine in a pretty Christmas tin.


Oh, and about that cookie exchange - I made these super great white chocolate peppermint M&M cookies from Annie's Eats.


If I were you, I'd immediately run out to Target and get the white chocolate peppermint M&M's {available only at Target} and make a batch of these cookies.

I'm sharing this at these parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment