It was perfect and so pretty. I couldn't wait to go to the fabric store and pick out fabric and ribbon. However, before I could make it to the fabric store, I decided that I should and could make it from my fabric stash at home. And as Barney Stinson would say - Challenge Accepted!
With one exception and a substitution or two, I am very, very happy with my new iPad case. It was a pretty quick sew which was great.
Now about that exception. I had to buy a zipper. I'm not a big fan of sewing zippers but I overlooked that for this project because I thought the zippered pouch was a great part of this case.
As for those other substitutions - I have several yards of flannel from an aborted quilt backing project so I used that instead of Minke for the lining. The color is burgundy but I was going for function more than color coordination especially since it's on the inside. The pattern called for auto liner 1/4" foam which I did not have. Instead, I used polar fleece, which I have a tub full of. While my fabric stash is bountiful, my ribbon stash is not. So, I did not add any ribbon embellishments.
And now my iPad is complete.