Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter Eggs

Happy Easter weekend.  My Easter tradition is to color eggs on Easter Saturday.  I think I'm going to try this method this year.  That will actually be the second batch of eggs I color this month.  Last weekend I dyed eggs the all-natural way so I could enter this contest hosted by My Baking Addition.



From left to right:
  • Grape Juice - this one didn't quite work for me.  Instead of turning a pretty purple color mine were black.
  • Tumeric - yellow is my favorite color and I love how these came out.  Vividly bright yellow.  Wow!
  • Red Cabbage - after these eggs were cooked, they were still white so I was skepitical that it worked.  But the next morning after keeping them in the red cabbage water overnight, they turned this pretty blue.
While the black eggs were a bummer, it wasn't a complete fail.  Along with the yellow {gold} eggs, these were perfect for this University of Iowa alumni {go Hawks}!



 Here are some other past Easter projects:



These silk tie eggs are probably my all-time favorite Easter eggs.



I made these Easter eggs last year.  The colors were so pretty.


And who can forget the peep topiary.

Have a happy and blessed Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment